HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT GLASSES FOR YOUR FACE SHAPE
When it comes to eyeglasses, finding the perfect pair can be a challenging task. With so many styles and frames available, how do you pick the right one for your face? The key is to match your eyeglasses to your face shape. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the process of choosing the right eyeglasses to enhance your features and complement your style
UNDERSTANDING FACE SHAPES;
Before you start shopping for eyeglasses, it's important to determine your face shape. We have about 6 face shapes: oval, round, square, heart, diamond, and oblong. Here's how to identify each one:
1. Oval: An oval face is longer than it is wide, with balanced proportions and gently rounded edges.
2. Round: Round faces have soft, curved lines with similar width and length. They lack prominent angles.
3. Square: Square faces have strong, well-defined angles with a broad forehead, cheekbones, and a strong jawline.
4. Heart: Heart-shaped faces are wider at the forehead and narrow down to a pointed chin.
5. Diamond: Diamond faces have high, dramatic cheekbones, and the forehead and chin are narrower than the cheekbones.
6. Oblong: Oblong faces are longer than they are wide, with a straight cheek line and a sometimes longer nose.
Choosing Eyeglasses for Your Face Shape
Now that you've identified your face shape, let's explore the eyeglass styles that complement each one:
1. Oval Face:
- Almost all frame shapes suit oval faces.
- Experiment with various frame styles, from classic rectangular to bold cat-eye.
2. Round Face:
- Choose angular frames to add definition and structure to your face.
- Rectangular or square frames work best to create contrast.
3. Square Face:
- Opt for round or oval frames to soften the strong angles of your face.
- Rimless or semi-rimless frames can also balance your features.
4. Heart Face:
- Select frames that are wider at the bottom to balance the forehead width.
- Cat-eye or oval frames can be flattering choices.
5. Diamond Face:
- Emphasize your cheekbones with detailed or top-heavy frames.
- Oval and cat-eye frames can work well to soften the overall look.
6. Oblong Face:
- Choose wide frames to add width and break up the length of your face.
- Rectangular or oversized frames are great options.
1. Pay attention to your eyeglass size. The frames should not be too large or too small for your face.
- You may also take into consideration your skin tone when selecting a colourful frame,
3. Visit an optometrist or eyeglass store to try on various frames and get professional advice.
Choosing the right eyeglasses for your face shape is all about enhancing your natural beauty and expressing your personal style. By understanding your face shape and considering the frame styles that complement it, you can find eyeglasses that not only help you see clearly but also make a stylish statement. So, the next time you're shopping for eyewear, keep your face shape in mind and enjoy a perfect fit that suits you.